Released: August 26, 2002
- 8 new and original missions linked in a new campaign.
- 42 unique weapons with spectacular sound effects.
- Custom tigerstripe camo uniform for both woodland and desert maps.
- New multiplayer game type: Command & Conquer.
- All single and multiplayer modes enabled.
- Spawn zones and bases relocated to counteract "spawn camping".
- New mood music, sound effects, and pre-mission briefing voice-overs.
- Tweaked specialists each with a signature weapon.
- Mission difficulty changes among recruit, veteran, and elite.
- Compatible with Island Thunder!
Credits and Thanks
Support Web Page
Read the Web Log
Free Libya! Campaign and American Vengeance Armory
- Location: Libya, Northern Africa
- Primary Objective: Overthrow Colonel Muammar Ghadafi and his government
- Secondary Objective: Support and assist rebel Libyan tribes
- Terms of Surrender: Unconditional
Terrorist activity around the world shakes the foundations of civilization. A car bomb in France claims the lives of the Prime Minister and his wife. A suicide bomber in Israel demolishes a synagogue killing hundreds of worshippers. Guerilla attacks in Eritrea threaten to destabilize its government.
An intensive investigation which costs the U.S. intelligence community several agents' lives reveals the insidious nest of a terrorist network unprecedented in size and scope. The common thread holding them together controls one of the largest oil producing nations in the world. Colonel Muammar Ghadafi, absolute military dictator of Libya, seeks to become the figurehead of a world movement toward eliminating Western capitalism and democracy and replacing it with his Third International Theory. Since United Nation's sanctions were lifted in 1999, Ghadafi bided his time secretly building his network of terror. However, the rest of the world remains unconvinced of the Ghadafi's involvement citing the evidence as "circumstancial".
Seeing no other alternative, the President signs the Libyan Combat Zone Executive Order which reads, in part, "Pursuant to the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 112 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 112), I designate, for purposes of that section, Libya, including the airspace above, as an area in which Armed Forces of the United States are and have been engaged in combat."
Submit a question online.
- Which files do I need to backup prior to installing this Mod?
NONE. This Mod does NOT overwrite any existing Ghost Recon files. All files are extracted to a folder named FL-AVA Mod. (Unless you have a beta version of the the Mod. In which case, the 1.0 files will overwrite the beta files.)
- Where do I put the files when asked during the installation?
The installation program will find the proper location. Do not change it. The default path is C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\ .
- When I try to install the mod, nothing happens or I get a CRC error. What should I do?
Try downloading the file again from a different mirror above. If you are on dial-up, I strongly recommend getting a download manager that allows you to resume interupted downloads. One such program is Download Accelerator, a freeware program that I used happily prior to getting cable. Available at CNet.com, in their download section.
- When I try to start any of the missions, the game crashes to the desktop. What's wrong?
If you do not have Desert Siege installed and activated, then you will not be able to enjoy this mod.
- Why don't I see the missions listed in the Quick Mission menu?
Just like the original GR missions and DS missions, these have to be played in a campaign, beaten, and subsequently unlocked. Or you can edit your unlocked_missions.xml file in the GR installation directory. Open the file in notepad and add the following lines:
That will unlock them and allow them to be played in quick mission.
|A mod for the hit
All rights reserved. You may not modify or alter any of the files contained within this
modification, or its components without written consent from the author. Installation and
use of this modification, and its components is done so at your own risk. Those that
contributed to this mod will not be held responsible for any damage incurred to your
system, or any of its components by this modification, or its components.
You may freely distribute these files provided that you do not modify it in any way,
shape or form. You may not sell this product, or package it with anything you are selling
without authorization from all the contributors to this mod. This mod is not endorsed or
made by Red Storm Entertainment or Ubi Soft Entertainment®. Do not contact them for support.